Friday, May 30, 2008

5/30

Our second-to-last week of school really flew by! We finished our frog dissection on Tuesday and Wednesday of this week. Once again, students did a fantastic job on this lab! I gave students a practical quiz on Wednesday over the frog structures that they learned during their dissection. Students were required to identify real organs and structures from the frogs that I dissected for demonstrations. Even though the quiz was for extra credit points, I was quite impressed by students' knowledge of frog anatomy! Great job!

On Thursday, students were given a "Life Science Internet Scavenger Hunt." Students had to cruise through various science web sites to answer the questions that were given.

On Friday, we spent a soggy day at Naper Settlement. Even though it was wet, we still had a good time.

Next week, we will play our final review game of the year. This one is a bit more difficult, though, because it covers science content from the ENTIRE YEAR! I look forward to seeing how much these students can remember!

1 comment:

Nancy said...

Hi Mrs. Wagner,
I've taught high school biology for 2 years and recently got a job in our middle school teaching 7th grade life science. I would love to be able to share with you any suggestions or resources. This is a new age group for me :)and I need to change the level of instruction that I do so any suggestions are welcome. Thanks
Nancy Decker